LED Lighting

LED Lights are the future. The idea of heating a filament lamp so hot that it produces light is crazy when you consider the alternatives. One day we may look back and be shocked we ever used such methods to light our homes. Fortunately we here at JRC Property Solutions are experts at LED lighting installations in Glasgow.

LED Lighting

LED lighting technology has progressed rapidly in recent years becoming an essential part of our world. A Light Emitting Diode (LED) is a type of semiconductor device that emits light rays when electric current is passed through it. This technology has been around for years, but only recently has it been harnessed to provide lighting solutions for the home. LED Lights have been widely used for some time now in industrial and commercial situations, its only now they have become suitable in domestic premises.

Advantages of using LED Lights for the Home

  1. High efficiency: In standard light bulbs only around 20% of the electric current is used for production of light. The other 80% of the energy is wasted as heat.LED lights are able to utilize 80 to 90% of the energy provided in the generation of light. There is no production of heat.
  2. Reduced electricity bills: LEDs are super-efficient. A standard halogen downlight will use 50 watts. An LED equivalent will use 5-7 watts. For example, Running 25 halogen down lights on average 4 hours per night for a year would cost you approximetly £236.60. Replacing these fittings with 5w LEDs would reduce this cost to £26.50. We estimate you recoup your initial outlay within 1-2 years.
  3. Reduced maintenance cost: LED Lights have a lifespan of about 50,000 hours which is remarkable when you consider that incandescent bulbs have a lifespan of only 1000 hours. Even fluorescent light bulbs can only last for 15,000 hours. In other words, LED lights can last for a period of about 10 years. So, once you install them you won’t have to worry about replacing the bulbs for a long, long time.
  4. Environmental benefits: Savings on electric bills is not the only benefit of the high efficiency LED lights. By reducing your energy usage you can reduce your carbon footprint. Most of the electricity is produced by burning fossil fuels which release greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. This of course leads to global warming and climate change. If you use less electricity then less fossil fuel will be burnt and hence you will be playing your part in saving the environment.
  5. Variety of colours: LED lights come in a range of colours from warm white, blue, yellow, orange, amber and red. You can use them for functional purposes or for decoration. Its only recently they have matched a similar colour temperture to halogen.